Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Peanut Butter Granola

I got sick of not being able to find granola to purchase that wasn't ungodly expensive, didn't have any sugar or artificial colors or flavors, and tasted good, so I started making my own!
Want the recipe? Ok!

Peanut Butter Granola

2 TBS Butter 1/3 cup Honey
1/3 cup Peanut Butter
1/2 tsp Vanilla 1/4 tsp Salt
3 cups Old Fashioned Oats

Melt the p.b., butter, and honey in a lg. pot over low heat. Stir in vanilla and salt. Stir in oats. Spread in greased cookie sheet and bake at 200 degrees until desired texture. I usually quadruple this recipe and cook it for about an hour, stir it, then cook it for one more hour. Then, I turn the heat off and let it hang out in the oven until cooled off. Then I transfer it to storage containers. It's just crunchy and chewy when done this way. Enjoy!

1 comment: